Transak is a developer integration for a fiat-to-crypto payment gateway. This solves the important problem of allowing mainstream people and businesses to access crypto and blockchain. It does this by integrating local compliance, payment methods, and liquidity from around the world. Transak is backed by ConsenSys, The LAO, Lunex, and Mycelium Ventures.
As a Blockchain Engineer, you will build, test, and deploy smart contracts from scratch, helping define the future of Transak's engineering organisation. You will be the first full-time hire for blockchain engineering and will help to lead this area and build a larger team.
- Design and develop resilient and scalable solutions that receive, custody, and broadcast digital assets for millions of users across all major blockchain networks
- Research, design, implement and maintain all decentralized finance systems supported by Transak
- Integrate with new blockchains and side-chains to increase our crypto coverage
- Integrate with decentralised exchanges and other DeFi protocols
- Optimise for performance and gas usage
- Build back-end web services that interact with the Ethereum blockchain
- Collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
- Work on our powerful documentation and SDKs to help developers to integrate the Transak payment gateway
- 2+ years of experience working with Solidity
- 2+ years of experience working with Nodejs/any JS framework.
- 1+ year experience with truffle, ganache CLI, geth, and remix
- Technical knowledge of the main blockchain protocols, consensus mechanisms and latest innovations in the space (i.e. zk-SNARKs, Compound, Yield farming, Ethereum 2.0)
- Deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals (smart contracts, web3, DAOs)
- Experience operating blockchain nodes especially in Ethereum
- Knowledgeable about smart contract security and best practices (design patterns)
- Familiarity with Git and Version Control
- Proficiency in writing modular and well-tested code
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with React.js
- Open-source contributions
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Why join us:
- 👫 A fast-moving, fun, and international company made up of skilful team players
- 💬 Transparent, open, and collaborative work environment
- 💰 Competitive salary and holiday allowance
- 💰 Equity options so you can share in the success of the company
- ⏱ Flexible work hours
- 🍺 Office stocked with free snacks and drinks
- 🌟 An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs
- 💼 As we are backend by ConsenSys, you will be working with the industry experts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We really mean this! Transak accepts you for who you are!