Transak is an international fintech company, building the bridge between mainstream people across the globe and the whole ecosystem of blockchain and decentralised apps. As key infrastructure for the next generation of apps, we are growing super fast backed by top VCs having raised our Series A recently as well. Transak enables any website or app to let its users buy/sell cryptocurrencies or NFT’s by offering a developer friendly integration platform to them.
We're seeking a talented and experienced Backend Engineer with a deep understanding of Node.js to join our dynamic team. You'll play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining our backend infrastructure, ensuring its scalability, reliability, and performance. You'll collaborate closely with other engineers, architects, and product managers to shape the technical direction of our backend systems and deliver exceptional user experiences.
Technologies we use NodeJS, TypeScript, Python, MongoDB, Redis, Elastic Search, AWS, Git
- Individual contributor qualified to develop software without much supervision
- Design, write high quality robust, scalable, and reliable code, debug and test various functions
- Do peer code reviews & pair programming
- Focus on code optimization, code quality, maintainability etc.
- Produce functional specifications and design documents
- Contribute to overall product requirements and design
- Strong sense of ownership & getting things done attitude
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Collaborate with engineers, operation team, data scientists , product managers and senior leadership to turn requirements into a robust, scalable, and reliable product
- Make sure the code delivery in production is smooth & post delivery continuous monitoring is done.
- Team player and always eager to teach new team members about the code, structure and design
- Having 4 - 6 years of software development experience
- A strong expertise in NodeJS/TypeScript 3+ years
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services
- Experience in integrating with internal and 3rd party web services
- Experience in building web services in REST using Node.js
- Experience in writing test cases (unit and functional) to cover most of the code
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Deep understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices
- Experience with Cloud computing AWS & Microservices architecture
- Deep understanding of Node promises and event loop
- Deep understanding of Git
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and deployment automation
- Passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with technology trends
- Be creative and always try to evaluate new strategies to execute faster
- Customer focused, adapt well in a fast-changing environment
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent
Nice to have
- Demonstrated interest in crypto/web 3/blockchain
- Degree from a premier institute like IIT/NIT/BITS
- Experience working with startups in agile development environment
- Docker & Kubernetes experience is a big plus
- Contributions to open-source projects or personal projects showcasing technical expertise.
Why join us
- 👫 A fast-moving, fun, and international company made up of skillful team players
- 💬 Transparent, Open, and Collaborative work environment
- 💰 A competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits offering
- 💰 Equity options so you can share in the success of the company
- ⏱ Flexible work hours