Transak is building the bridge between mainstream people across the world and the whole ecosystem of blockchain and decentralised apps. As key infrastructure for the next generation of apps, we are growing super fast backed by top VCs, including ConsenSys.
Transak enables any website or app to let its users buy cryptocurrencies. We offer a developer integration combining user onboarding and a fiat-to-crypto payment gateway. To do this we integrate local compliance, regulations and payment methods from around the world with deep crypto integrations and liquidity.
We are looking for an ownership-minded Senior Product Manager to drive the development of our risk and compliance systems plus internal operations tooling. Preventing cybercrime, fraud and money laundering is a key priority for Transak and is a necessary requirement for the new world of cryptocurrencies and decentralised apps to succeed and thrive. We need to put in the safety rails to help us scale quickly and compliantly, stopping bad actors whilst removing unnecessary friction for users. This role will be key in helping millions of mainstream people safely and painlessly use the next generation of apps. This role comes with the opportunity for fast growth and development alongside quickly increasing responsibility.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative industry, customer and user research to deeply understand our compliance requirements, risk exposure, drivers of fraud, and user experience. Proactively investigate the needs of internal teams to understand what will help them scale their work most effectively.
- Work with the compliance and operations team to develop a strategy and roadmap for improving our risk engine, minimising fraud, maintaining compliance, and scaling our operations.
- Collaborate with the data science team to optimise our risk models and increase the sophistication of our data engineering capabilities to support advanced machine learning models.
- Write clear and effective product specifications and help engineering to nail down technical specifications.
- Responsible for delivering risk engine improvements and 3rd party integrations as well as internal tooling. Support other product mangers and engineering teams with their compliance related requirements. Work with engineering to develop a plan, execute against it, and coordinate across the organisation to roll out new features and tools.
- Work with leadership to define the OKR's and rigorously execute against it.
We are looking for someone who has
- At least 5 years experience in shipping fintech, regtech, AML, compliance, or similar products. Even better if you also have experience or interest in advanced data science systems and machine learning.
- You should be metrics driven and able to blend quantitative with qualitative signals to inform decision making
- Enjoys working in a friendly and collaborative yet entrepreneurial environment, where things move quickly and people need to take the initiative
- Obsession with quality, details and user experience
- Clear, direct and effective communication
- Experience delivering products that require collaboration and coordination across multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Excited about what we’re doing at Transak and helping to build the next generation of apps!
Diversity and inclusion is important to us. One of the dreams of crypto is decentralising power and empowering people regardless of their background. If we want to bring everyday people from across the world into the complex world of crypto, our team has to look like our end users. This means we have to attract the best talent and diverse perspectives, and create an environment which supports and includes them. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description, particularly if your career has taken an extraordinary path.